The NC Housing Coalition’s County Profiles provide a snapshot of housing needs for each of North Carolina’s 100 counties. They provide data on cost-burdened households paying at least 30% of their income for housing, a comparison of what different jobs pay and changes in home prices, foreclosures, and rental options in our communities.
The County Profiles are designed to be used by advocates in their communities and with their local and state elected officials as an education tool around the housing issues we all face in our cities and towns. The data is gathered from a variety of sources including:
- The most recent 2017-2021 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates from the US Census Bureau;
- The most recent 2021 Occupational Employment Statistics data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics;
- FY23 Fair Market Rents from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development;
- IFY 2022 Median Family Income Documentation System from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development; and
- Civil Issue Filings/Order Results FY21-22 from the NC Judicial Branch;
If the correct 2023 county profile is not displaying, try clearing the browser’s cache. If issues still arise please contact Haley Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org.