The North Carolina Housing Coalition’s mission is to lead a movement to ensure that every North Carolinian has a home in which to live with dignity and opportunity. We have a long and proud history of legislative accomplishments advocating for the resources to build and preserve affordable housing like:
- Federal housing investments through HUD and USDA;
- The Federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit;
- The NC Housing Trust Fund;
- The Workforce Housing Loan Program; and
- Local investments in housing through bonds or other dedicated revenue streams.
We also work to support the legal infrastructure that protects fair access to that housing like:
- Federal and State fair housing laws; and
- The DOJ Settlement regarding people with disabilities.
We have created a joint policy agenda with the North Carolina Community Development Initiative and Initiative Capital.