Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity’s (AAHH) DEI Commitment affirms housing as a human right and homeownership as a foundation for generational wealth and social mobility. We also acknowledge that “bringing people together” is central to our mission. People with diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds are critical to our success. Join our team and help us further our mission of building homes, communities, and hope.
If you will represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner, committed to our mission and values, have office experience and Some HR experience, email cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
Under supervision of Human Resources Manager and Office Manager, this associate performs a variety of human resources (HR) and office duties, maintains I9 files and Paid Time Off (PTO) requests, enters and maintains computerized Personnel data, provides reception area coverage and performs administrative tasks that include, but are not limited to, processing inbound and outbound mail, record keeping, and file management. This position will also assist the Finance department with special projects.
Committed to the mission of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH), the incumbent will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in HR and 2 years office assistance, techniques and knowledge of modern office practices, computer software, and office equipment.
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Exhibits accuracy and attention to detail in all areas of work
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, with minimum supervision
- Secures and maintains confidential information
PRINCIPAL HUMAN RESOURCES ACTIVITIES:
1. Update vacation calendar.
2. File PTO requests after payroll is completed.
3. Organize and maintain I9 files.
4. Reconcile monthly benefit invoices.
5. Update personnel directory and staff photo wall.
6. Update staff information in DonorPerfect.
7. Assist with monthly newsletter, annual birthday list and annual PTO spreadsheet.
8. Weekly filing of personnel files.
9. Assist with HR events, like Open Enrollment and Staff appreciation.
10. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
PRINCIPAL OFFICE ACTIVITIES:
11. Provide reception area coverage including the following:
a. Manage intake of applications
b. Direct and respond to inquiries by phone or walk-in visitor
c. Maintain supply of lobby materials
12. Maintain an inventory of office and kitchen supplies, taking weekly inventory and insuring appropriate levels of supplies.
13. Perform administrative tasks that include but are not limited to: processing inbound and outbound mail, record keeping, and file management.
14. Collect expired subcontractor COIs (WC and GL).
15. Manage working space in mailroom, taking ownership of space with attention toward function and tidiness.
16. Assist with management of office equipment including service and maintenance scheduling, supply orders, and troubleshooting for staff.
17. Manage, schedule and coordinate conference room guests.
18. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.80 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com