Bringing It Home 2024 Call for Proposals
As preparations begin for the 2024 Bringing It Home Conference on Ending Homelessness in North Carolina on June 4-5, 2024, the NC Department of Health and Human Services ESG Office, the NC Coalition to End Homelessness, and the NC Housing Coalition are calling for presentation proposals.
Presentations will be 1 hour and 15 minutes long and include 10-15 minutes of Q&A or discussion. Presentations could be chosen as stand-alone sessions or chosen as a part of a panel. At this time, we are planning an in-person conference at the McKimmon Center in Raleigh. Please note that presentations need to include one or more of the topics of interest listed.
Statement of Timeliness and Inclusion
The landscape of homeless services has changed in the wake of COVID-19. While not every proposal needs to make COVID-19 the focus of the presentation, we ask that all proposals take the ongoing impact of COVID-19 on their topic into consideration. Presenters for all sessions should be prepared to answer audience questions about ongoing COVID-19 impacts.
The Bringing It Home Conference Committee believes that inclusion is a critical part of developing and providing best practice homeless services. For this reason, we are intentional that the conference reflects the diversity of homeless service networks in regard to race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexuality, age, education, ability, and lived experience with homelessness. We also ask that all proposals consider an equity and diversity perspective on their topic.
All session speakers will receive a complimentary conference registration. One or two-night complimentary hotel stays are available for speakers traveling outside of the Raleigh area.
In order for your presentation to be considered, please submit your proposal by January 12, 2024. Please submit one proposal for each presentation you are proposing. Download the proposal form here and submit the completed form by following this link.
Partners anticipate making decisions about presentations in January.
If you have questions about this call for proposals, please contact Alissa Pritchett at the NC ESG Office at email@example.com or 919-855-4991.
Topics of Interest
Please review the following topics of interest to inform your proposal. Any topic should be inclusive of diversity, inclusion, and equity. All proposals should include at least one of the topics below:
- Innovative Solutions for Housing and Homeless Services
- Creative Uses of ESG-CV Funding
- Maintaining ESG-CV Funded Programs
- Lowering Barriers for BIPOC Individuals
- Lowering Barriers for LGBTQIA+ Individuals
- Ending Homelessness in Rural Communities
- Services for Veterans at Risk of or Experiencing Homelessness
- Services for People with Criminal Records and/or Exiting Incarceration
- Landlord Engagement
- Navigating the Eviction Process
- Legal Rights and Protections for People at Risk of or Experiencing Homelessness
- Using Housing Choice Vouchers
- How Effective Land Use Can Reduce Homelessness
- Best Practices in Coordinated Entry
- Best Practices in Rapid Rehousing
- Best Practices and Innovation in Prevention, Diversion, and Return Prevention
- Innovations in Using Data as a Program and/or System
- Trauma-Informed System and Program Design
- Connecting Domestic Violence Survivors to Housing
- Including People with Lived Experience of Homelessness in Evaluation and Governance
- Innovative Partnerships with Community Systems
- Addressing the needs of unaccompanied youth and children experiencing homelessness
- Street Outreach
- Helping People Increase Their Income and Build Life Skills
- Self-care and Retention for Service Providers
- Shared Housing