CAHEC is a non-profit community development organization based in Raleigh, NC, that offers housing and life-changing opportunities to residents throughout its Southeast and Mid-Atlantic footprint. CAHEC’s product areas include investing in low-income housing tax credits, historic tax credits, new markets tax credits, and renewable energy credits. CAHEC also provides loan programs, wellness and education initiatives for residents, affordable housing development, and property management services.
The Closing Coordinator works closely with other members of Acquisitions & Risk Management and external partners to manage the flow of transaction documentation and to usher the closing process for proposed lower tier investments by CAHEC affiliated equity funds. This position oversees the collection and recording of due diligence, maintains and reports on closing schedules, assists in the packaging of due diligence for external reviews and approvals, maintains versioning control for closing agreements including the assembling and distributing of final agreements, and provides administrative support related to record management. The employment classification for this position is non-exempt.
Some specific functions include:
- Manage file sharing platform for internal and external partners to provide and share closing due diligence.
- Accurately record and catalogue due diligence for real estate and partnership closings.
- Maintain closing checklists and due diligence files for closings.
- Provide timely and accurate updates to closing team on the status of closing due diligence.
- Assist internal team in the engagement of third-party vendors to review due diligence packages.
- Track and maintain records, including minutes, for internal closing approvals.
- Maintain version control for draft closing documents and circulate final agreements for execution.
- Ensure documents and files are maintained in accordance with CAHEC’s document retention policies.
An Associate Degree of Applied Science or Business Administration, or related field; or five years of comparable work experience.
Minimum two years progressively responsible work experience in the administrative management of complex real estate transactions, mortgage loan closings, or investment partnership closings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A proven ability to manage multiple, concurrent priorities with constantly changing priorities is required along excellent interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate closing schedules and obtain needed due diligence items. Demonstrated advanced proficiency with ShareFile or similar web-browser-based cloud storage application is required. Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
This position is based out of CAHEC’s corporate office in Raleigh, NC. Certain objectives require working on-site at various locations, such as industry conferences and events at properties in CAHEC’s investment portfolio, and some professional training opportunities may require travel.
Compensation and Benefits: CAHEC is an equal-opportunity employer that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
For more information and how to apply: please visit https://www.cahec.com/careers/