Website City of Durham
The Senior Community Development Analyst is responsible for professional and administrative work involving housing and community development programs and projects that support the homeless system and as well as the Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids (HOPWA) Program. As a skilled professional, the Senior Community Development Analyst lead and assist as needed with the planning, coordination, and management of projects that assist households exit homelessness to permanent housing and/or ensure effective delivery of the HOPWA program in a five-county area that includes Chatham, Durham, Granville, Orange, and Person Counties).
The Senior Community Development Analyst is part of the Department’s Homeless System Team, which is responsible for staffing and supporting the Durham homeless system, including the Durham Homeless Continuum of Care (CoC) and its governance board, the Homeless Services Advisory Committee (HSAC). The Senior Analyst’s primary duties are to serve as a project manager for contracts related to the provision of homeless services and/or services for persons living with HIV/AIDS, and to support the homeless system by staffing HSAC committees and/or assisting with Coordinated Entry administration, funding allocation processes and reporting.The Senior Analyst also assists with assessing the homeless system and individual agency performance, identifying gaps in the system and capacity-building needs of homeless services and/or HOPWA providers. The Senior Analyst works closely with the Planning, Performance, and Compliance teams. The position reports to the Manager of the Homeless System Team.
Duties and responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
• Assist with the allocation processes for federal funds targeted to homeless housing needs, including Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), Continuum of Care (CoC), Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
• Support development and dissemination of department-issued Request for Proposals for homeless services and/or HOPWA activities and review proposals for project funding as part of a team.
• Draft contracts for homeless services and/or HOPWA activities, including meeting with sub-recipients to discuss terms and conditions, preparing memos for City Council review, and overseeing contract execution and project startup.
• Monitor project implementation through review of reports and invoices, meetings with homeless service providers to ensure that project is on track, identify any potential risks to the project and/or to the City, and ensure that applicable federal and City funding requirements are being met.
• Coordinated Entry administration, including facilitation of By Name List Meetings, ensuring policies and procedures for housing/program referral are followed by homeless service providers and ensuring that services are offered to households experiencing homelessness in a fair and equitable manner.
• Assist with reporting on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) homelessness and/or HOPWA programs.
• Conduct research/data analysis and recommend best practices for managing the CoC, policies, and procedures to improve CoC coordination and performance, including capacity building, program performance evaluation, project monitoring, and other needs as identified.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with homeless service and/or HOPWA providers to ensure open communication, provide technical support and share important regulatory and compliance updates.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or directly related field
• Five years of professional program administration and/or analytical experience in area of assignment.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Public Administration, or related field.
• 3+ years of leadership for a homeless service provider or government agency responsible for running a homeless program such as emergency shelter, rapid rehousing, permanent supportive housing, homeless prevention, street outreach, or coordinated entry, and/or managing HOPWA programs.
• Familiarity with HUD homeless goals and priorities and with HUD funding programs, particularly Continuum of Care (CoC), Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA), and/or Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG).
• Experience participating in and/or supporting homelessness Continuums of Care or similar collaborative efforts involving a range of stakeholders, such as local government, service providers, health care providers, and others.
• Demonstrated ability to work in diverse communities with a variety of community stakeholders.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational/project management skills.
• Strong customer service skills for both internal and external clients.
You must apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/durhamnc?department=Community%20Development&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending
To apply for this job email your details to Juliet.Black@Durhamnc.gov