To post a housing-related event on our website, please submit your event here.
- This event has passed.
Program Management for Disaster
July 15, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Even when working through the current impact of COVID-19, agencies still must be prepared to respond rapidly and serve survivors should another disaster strike.
How does my organization develop plans to prepare for a disaster and mitigate loss? How will my agency deliver existing services, add disaster-related resources and engage with the community after a disaster strikes? How do we build partnerships with other community stakeholders before, during and after a disaster?
These questions, among others, will be addressed in this one-day disaster response training. We will explore strategies and tools housing counseling agencies can utilize to help prepare for each phase of a disaster. This training will also provide an overview of disaster preparedness and response action plans.
You Will Learn:
- Discuss the activities that a HUD approved housing counseling agency can deliver under a Housing Counseling Agency Disaster Program.
- Explore potential barriers that occur post disaster and processes to overcome them.
- Discuss delivery methods for one-on-one counseling, group education, and other services, in the event your agency has suffered negative disaster impact.
- Review HUD’s Housing Counseling Disaster Recovery toolkits.
- Discuss insurance claims processing and the connection between consumer insurance reimbursement and access to disaster funding.
Registration opens May 31st.
This training is free to members of the North Carolina Housing Coalition.
Please Note: You must be logged into your Coalition membership account to access free registration.