Thank you for joining us for this week’s Housing Call. Our next Housing Call will be on Tuesday, March 17 at 9:30am. See below for this week’s call notes and let us know if you have a community update you’d like us to share on the next call.
- Lumberton delayed hearing on zoning approval for construction of 72 public housing units meant to replace 72 units destroyed during Hurricane Matthew. Councilwoman asked to delay so hearing could be held at a time convenient for people against the project to speak
- NIMBYs also opposing potential LIHTC project in Gastonia
- In Pembroke, rejects housing for homeless veterans to be built by tribe
Durham is considering expanding upon the Longtime Homeowner Grant Program created in 2017 to help homeowners whose tax bills rose after reappraisals. The program only paid the difference in taxes from the previous year. So if a person’s taxes increased from $1,000 to $1,200, the city paid the extra $200.
NLIHC – The Gap 2020
Health Affairs – Renovating Subsidized Housing: The Impact on Tenants’ Health
GSO Comprehensive Plan is out now for public review & comment
- Comment at a meeting: 3/18 Wed @4pm or 4/21 Tues @ 5:30
- Or take survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6H2KYCZ
NCHFA hosting public hearings for the 2019 North Carolina Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) and the 2020 Annual Action Plan next Wednesday March 18 at the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency (3508 Bush Street, Raleigh, NC 27609)
- CAPER hearing from 9:00 am to 10:00 a.m.
- AAP hearing from 10:00 am to 11:00 a.m.