To post a housing-related event on our website, please submit your event here.
- This event has passed.
Program Management for Disaster Training
June 15, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Even when working through the current impact of COVID-19, agencies still must be prepared to respond rapidly and serve survivors should another disaster strike.
How does my organization develop plans to prepare for a disaster and mitigate loss? How will my agency deliver existing services, add disaster-related resources and engage with the community after a disaster strikes? How do we build partnerships with other community stakeholders before, during and after a disaster?
These questions, among others, will be addressed in this one-day disaster response training. We will explore strategies and tools housing counseling agencies can utilize to help prepare for each phase of a disaster. This training will also provide an overview of disaster preparedness and response action plans.
You Will Learn:
- Discuss the activities that a HUD approved housing counseling agency can deliver under a Housing Counseling Agency Disaster Program.
- Explore potential barriers that occur post disaster and processes to overcome them.
- Discuss delivery methods for one-on-one counseling, group education, and other services, in the event your agency has suffered negative disaster impact.
- Review HUD’s Housing Counseling Disaster Recovery toolkits.
- Discuss insurance claims processing and the connection between consumer insurance reimbursement and access to disaster funding.