Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity’s DEI Commitment affirms housing as a human right and homeownership as a foundation for generational wealth and social mobility. We also acknowledge that “bringing people together” is central to our mission. People with diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds are critical to our success. Join our team and help us further our mission of building homes, communities, and hope.
We are looking for more than a truck assistant, we are looking for someone who represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner, committed to our mission and values, If you are passionate about this community and believe that everyone deserves a decent place to live – and have the a valid driver license and clean driving record. – please email your cover letter and resume.
Reporting to the ReStore Truck Driver and the ReStore Donations Manager, the Truck Assistant is responsible to assist in the pick-up and delivery of materials using the Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH) ReStore truck. The truck driver assistant is a cross-trained position and must have a valid NC Driver’s license and clean driving record. Work schedule alternate months of M-F and T-S.
Committed to the mission of AAHH, the incumbent will be able to interface successfully with people, operate equipment safely, and lift and move heavy objects.
1. Assist the ReStore Truck Driver in the pick-up and delivery of materials.
2. Represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner.
3. Move material in and out of the truck in a safe, efficient manner.
4. Have the ability to repetitively lift and move up to 100 pounds.
5. Operate the truck, forklift (upon certification) and other equipment safely and in compliance with AAHH safety procedures.
6. Assist and work within the Habitat for Humanity ReStore as needed and/or assigned.
7. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug Free work place policy.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.80 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org