Community Affordable Housing Equity Corporation (CAHEC) is currently seeking candidates for an Asset Management Analyst. CAHEC is a non-profit tax-credit syndicator based in Raleigh, NC that fosters healthy neighborhoods by raising equity capital and investing in affordable rental housing and community revitalization. Our portfolio comprises over 750 assets in twelve states. CAHEC also invests in the people living in the properties we help finance through innovative enrichment opportunities called Community Investments.
The Asset Management Analyst manages portfolio data to facilitate interdepartmental reporting processes, to support the asset management team, to meet stakeholder requirements, and to respond to ad hoc requests for analysis. Some of the primary duties of this position include ongoing maintenance of CAHEC’s database, the ability to create and utilize outputs (customized and recurrent reports), and to analyze and present investment performance data. This position will also be responsible for the review and processing of various administrative tasks as required by the department.
The employment classification or this position is non-exempt.
Some specific functions include:
- Track, review, input and update investment operational and financial data into CAHEC’s database and applicable spreadsheets.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of CAHEC’s database by developing and executing quality control processes and procedures.
- Extract and manipulate portfolio performance data to meet standard reporting deadlines and investor expectations.
- Provide portfolio and investment analyses, and other reports in response to requests from senior management, Board of Directors and external parties.
- Assist in the calculation and tracking of asset management fees and net cash flow payable to CAHEC and its investment funds.
- Assist the Managers, Asset Management and the VP, Asset Management in reviewing quarterly risk ratings for data integrity.
- Track the collection of mid-year compilations and year-end deliverables, including tax returns, audits, workpapers and other documentation.
Associates Degree in business management, business administration, accounting, finance, real estate, information technology, or an equivalent combination of education and comparable work experience.
2 years of analyst experience from any financial service, accounting or real estate organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in administering and maintaining databases.
- General knowledge of real estate transactions, financing and management.
- General knowledge of basic accounting and financing processes and procedures.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Smartsheet and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
This position is based out of CAHEC’s corporate office in Raleigh, NC. Travel, typically by either commercial airline or automobile, is required for at least 10% of this position. Certain objectives require working on-site at various locations, such as properties in CAHEC’s investment portfolio, and some professional training opportunities may also require travel.
Compensation and Benefits: CAHEC is an equal-opportunity employer that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
For more information and how to apply: please visit www.cahec.com.