Department: Construction Department
Location: Habitat for Humanity of Wake County Construction Office
Supervisor: VP, Construction
Home Preservation Site Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Habitat Wake work site to make sure general volunteers and Family Partners are working in accordance to the standards set by Habitat Wake. The Home Preservation Site Supervisor is also responsible for overseeing the on-site AmeriCorps and Crew Leaders. This is a temporary position, including weekend work, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays for about 2-3 months. The Site Supervisor will likely spend an average of five days per week (40 hour work week with 8 hours days) on site ensuring the implementation of Home Preservation, compliance of all regulations for AmeriCorps and Habitat for Humanity and improving customer service while protecting the organization’s brand.
- Work with Home Preservation Program Manager, determine scope of work and materials needed to implement and successfully complete approximately 40 Home Preservation projects per year.
- Maintain the quality of the Habitat Wake volunteer experience by providing orientation, leading volunteers when necessary and providing training and demos on the Home Preservation site to ensure that all work is completed to HFHWC standards.
- Monitor Home Preservation sites for safety compliance and ensure safety protocols and procedures are followed. Site Supervisor will model safety procedures on site.
- Maintain ongoing tracking and filing systems for documenting all pertinent information related to Home Preservation projects including site paperwork, assessments and volunteer sign-in sheets.
- Pick-up and order supplies as needed from Lowes in addition to inventory of supplies in the van and warehouse.
- Drive to and from sites with the HFH van to drop off and pick up supplies as needed and ensure compliance with all HFH rules and Wake County laws. Help set up sites at the beginning of the site and break down sites at the end of the day.
- Collect program evaluations from sites to make sure contacts are happy with the projects and program as a whole.
- Work focuses on existing home repairs, remodels, and weatherization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective management of people, time, and resources, preferably within large groups, and across a number of job sites simultaneously.
- Multi-tasking of coordination, scheduling, supervision, and teaching.
- Construction related experience, involving all aspects (e.g. carpentry, foundations, siding, roofing, skilled trades, finishing, painting etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of current historical district requirements, North Carolina Building Code, and all other relevant Wake County municipalities’ codes, with ability to interpret and explain to novices.
- Leadership in supervisory role, and willingness to take initiative.
- Strong decision making abilities to accomplish tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting. Working in an ever-changing environment where there is a need to encounter problems head-on and to resolve them with creative solutions.
- Coordination of sub-contractors & vendors
- Ability to manage multiple jobs at once.
- Business skills/maintenance of finances. Adherence to Habitat Wake budgeting, job-costing, and coding of invoices.
- Communication: in-house (with other Habitat Wake staff in meetings, e-mail updates, etc.), out-of-house (e-mail updates, faxes, phone, in person, etc.). Includes excellent oral, written, and illustrative skills.
- Awareness of social/community issues (e.g. poverty, affordable housing, community service, urban redevelopment)
- Diversity training/experience. Working in an environment with people of varying ethnicities, religions, socio-economic backgrounds.
- Safety/First-Aid training for emergencies on-site.
- Attention to detail and overall quality control.
- Technology skills with computers, faxes, phones, photocopiers, calculators, etc.
- Current driver’s license and vehicle. Helpful if experienced in operating heavy machinery.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings and projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with manager, co-workers, and other Habitat Wake staff. Ability to work as part of a functionally diverse team.
- Ability to create, sustain, and grow relationships with Habitat homeowners to instill the skills, knowledge, and pride required for successful homeownership, dynamic neighborhoods, and an enduring commitment to Habitat.
- Demonstrated skill in professionally representing oneself at all times.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA degree and/or 2-5 years of relevant experience in the non-profit/design/construction sector.
- Excellent project management, leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Interest in community development/community service.
- Creative problem solving skills
Compensation will be negotiated within Habitat Wake’s overall compensation structure commensurate with a Superintendent level position. Health and retirement benefits included.
- If interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.