Reports To: Director of Programs
Job Status: Full-time, regular – Non-Exempt
Job Summary: Provides a full range of acute nursing care to Mission clients.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs initial medical assessment to all clients entering the Mission, including TB skin tests and drug screens. Provides information to appropriate staff that would affect the client’s ability to perform work assignments.
- Maintains up-to-date TB screening and flu vaccination documentation on all Mission employees and volunteers
- Replenishes vaccine supply and implements standard storage protocol
- Performs basis medical treatment.
- Acute and Chronic condition management .e.g. HTN (B/P), DM (glucose check)
- Obtains lab specimens.
- Performs blood pressure screenings.
- Assist Case Managers with random drug/alcohol testing.
- Communicate with other medical providers to ensure continuity of care of the clients.
- Schedules internal/external referrals for clients, if necessary.
- Prepares medical charts which contain information necessary for the MD, PA or FNP to perform their services efficiently.
- Maintains each client’s chart on a daily basis, documenting each visit and ensuring an accurate account of their medical needs.
- Completes a daily log of adult clinic visits to assist with monthly statistical reporting. Assists the Administrative Assistant in tracking and reporting as needed.
- Schedules STD, eye and mental health clinics. Maintains current records for these services offered by the clinic.
- Administers and monitors the current medication program, including daily and weekly medication dispensing.
- Documents and follows protocols regarding medication dispensing, record keeping, storage, and managing client records.
- Stock and maintain the medicine closets on the women and men’s floor.
- Assists with locating private and public funding sources for the medications and clinic supplies to help defer the cost to the Mission.
- Educates clients on the possible side effects of medications and the importance of taking medications as prescribed.
- Conducts educational sessions regarding chronic illness for staff and clients
- Schedules and/or conducts First Aid/CPR trainings for staff.
- Observes and respects confidentiality of information in regard to patients and fellow employees.
- Implements principles of safe practice and infection control in conjunction with Raleigh Rescue Mission policy and procedure and OSHA guidelines.
- Transports patients to outside medical appointments
- Attends staff and case consultation meetings and communicate information to other medical clinic staff.
- Works under the supervision of the clinic’s medical director.
Job Skills & Requirements:
Raleigh Rescue Mission considers every position one of Christian ministry and every person a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of RRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing required
- LPN required, RN preferred.
- Current licensure in the state of North Carolina is required. Must have current BLS certification.
- Must be CPR certified or willing to obtain certification within 90 days of employment at the level required to teach and train clients and staff
- One year of nursing experience required, preferably in a mental health or community based setting
- Accurate and current knowledge of the scope of the licensed practical nurse and application of the nursing process
- Working under the supervision of the Medical Director, must have the ability to assess nursing needs of the community based/homeless population
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, utilizing and obtaining necessary resources for the clinic and residents
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of HMIS and Allscripts software preferred
Qualified candidates can apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “Clinic Nurse” in the subject line of the email. All applicants must meet the minimum job qualifications in order to be considered for employment.