The Director of Marketing and Development is a cross-cutting position that will support the North Carolina Community Development Initiative (the “Initiative”), its lending arm, Initiative Capital, and its strategic partner, the North Carolina Housing Coalition. These three statewide organizations form a statewide, nonprofit collaborative that works to transform North Carolina’s low-income communities through policy advocacy, access to capital, and leadership of the housing and community development sectors.
The Director, working closely with the CEO and key management staff, will be responsible for advancing a comprehensive messaging and branding strategy, leading fundraising and reporting for programs and operations, as well as managing stewardship activities for the varied stakeholders of this collaborative, including its membership.
Our unique statewide collaborative is well positioned for both growth and impact. In the first half of 2017 alone we have attracted more than $5.5 million in new grant funding to support both programs and operations. These new resources are already being invested in affordable housing and community development activities across the state that will build thriving communities with opportunities for all. The successful candidate will enable us to build on this momentum for the benefit of the communities that we serve.
- Assess, prepare, and/or coordinate marketing and communications activities that support donor, investor and stakeholder outreach, in collaboration with membership and policy advocacy teams.
- Develop and refine the organization’s core messages to ensure organizational consistency.
- Coordinate development and implementation of the annual communications plan, including messaging and branding initiatives.
- Maintain a comprehensive and responsive reporting and stewardship process for all donors and investors, advising and mobilizing staff to track and provide relevant data and performance indicators.
- Collaborate with the CEO and senior staff to create and implement a fundraising strategy that prioritizes corporate, philanthropic, and federal and state agency grantmaking and contracts to support the strategic direction and desired outcomes of the organization.
- Work with senior staff to implement an ongoing capitalization strategy that supports Initiative Capital’s lending program. This strategy may include cultivating low-interest loans and capital investments from the corporate sector and federal agencies, including the US Treasury’s CDFI Fund.
- Coordinate donor and investor meetings, site visits, and ongoing stewardship with the CEO and other senior staff and board members as may be relevant.
- Graduate of relevant higher education program.
- Minimum five years relevant professional experience.
- Significant experience developing and implementing communications strategies including blend of advocacy and media relations.
- Considerable knowledge with prospect research, relationship cultivation, and grant writing and solicitation techniques.
- Additional experience in community development sector, as board, staff, advocate, or volunteer, is highly desired.
Time and Compensation
- This is a full-time position with substantial autonomy, as well as responsibility.
- Some travel, in-state and out-of-state, is required including occasional multi-day conferences and meetings.
- Competitive salary plus benefits.
Submit resume and statement of interest to email@example.com by September 30, 2017.