Regional Community Development Associate
Full-time / Part-time
Entry Level Job Type
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Requisition # 254363
As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. It’s a big job, and that’s why we need a variety of talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference. Sound like a challenge? You bet it is. That’s why three important values inspire our culture: Serve with integrity. Lead with courage. Perform with excellence.
At the Richmond Fed, our goal is not just to be an employer of choice; we want to be your employer of choice. One of the ways we do that is by offering a total rewards portfolio that includes more than compensation. At the Richmond Fed, total rewards includes thrift and retirement plans, a generous paid time off, health and wellness benefits, insurance to protect you and your loved ones, work/life offerings, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
Organizes and develops quality Community Development programming, including meetings, summits, conferences, and workshops with Community partner organizations, including government departments and agencies, non-profit organizations, community-based organizations, and foundations, that focus on economic, financial and consumer topics that impact low- and moderate-income communities in our Bank’s District. Provides leadership on topics, data, and strategies to support convening around key issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fundamental knowledge of economics, community development issues, topics impacting low- and moderate-income communities, including strategies to help these communities achieve economic advancements..
- Ability to relate to people at all levels across many types of organizations.
- Proficient skills to lead innovative convening and engage partners toward common goals and strategies. Authors reports on community development practices and community programming.
- Proficient engagement skills sufficient to collaborate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Fundamental knowledge of the Federal Reserve System and bank supervision, and community development
- Excellent ability to negotiate with multiple partners and lead issues at the local and community level.
- Conducts routine meetings and strategy development meetings on a range of activities with multiple partners at the state and local levels.
- Collaborates with peers to alignfield engagement activities with department goals
- Conducts meetings, conferences, workshops and summits on a range of community development issues, focused on low- and moderate-income communities.
- Performs basic community level strategy-focused sessions including negotiating with partners, developing agendas and program and presentation collateral.
- Writes summary of programming and meeting results for inclusion in internal or external publications
- Provides technical expertise to internal stakeholders and management
- Provides technical expertise to external stakeholders
- Actively fosters a departmental culture of intellectual rigor by participating in department activities and policy discussions, and engaging with colleagues about activities
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
Apply on line at www.richmondfed.org
Selected candidate subject to special background check procedures.
***Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures
***The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on February 27, 2018
***The hiring range for this position $47,700 – $59,600 annually
***Salary offered will be based on job responsibilities and individual’s knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Education and Experience:
- 0 to 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor`s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Functional/Technical Competencies:
- Other/Physical Requirements:
- Position requires continuous visual concentration and manual dexterity to operate PC
- Minor lifting and carrying, not likely to exceed ten pounds
- May require extended work hours
- Frequent travel including overnight stays may be necessary
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a business or technical field preferred.
- Acute attention to detail with a high level of data integrity and accuracy
- Highly proficient in oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence at all levels of the organization