POSITION TITLE: Asset Manager
DEPARTMENT: Catholic Diocese of Charlotte Housing Corporation
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
This position serves as Asset Manager for the Catholic Diocese of Charlotte Housing Corporation (CDCHC). The Asset Manager provides administrative support necessary for the physical, financial and regulatory operations of our housing portfolio; assists with project/partnership closings through construction, lease-up and stabilization; and coordinates with local churches to aid in the delivery of services and activities for our residents; and all of which require time both in the office and on job sites. The position interfaces with the Diocese of Charlotte Finance and Properties departments, Catholic Charities Diocese of Charlotte, third-party property managers, local churches/parishes, and the asset managers of our various development partners, as well as other third-party vendors or contractors needed to support the ongoing operations of properties.
• Oversee CDCHC’s housing assets, ensuring properties operate to optimal efficiency, achieve target outcomes and fulfill our mission, as well as ensuring all compliance requirements are met in accordance with established policies
• Review property financials quarterly to ensure they operate within budget
• Manage and review the flow of critical documents, such as tax returns, audits, PRAC renewals, and our partners’ field/inspection reports in accordance with established procedures
• Conduct quarterly field inspections and produce field reports for all properties
• Attend all annual HUD and NCHFA site inspections
• Assist with deal closings and monitor projects during construction and lease-up, including navigating active construction sites
• Serve as CDCHC’s primary point of contact between local churches, residents, property managers, and the asset managers for our development partners
• Coordinate with local churches to implement programs and activities that are tailored to the needs of our residents
• Conduct periodic site visits and build positive relationships with tenants
• Conduct and track tenant satisfaction surveys semi-annually for each of our properties
• Administrative work of the corporation, such as scheduling meetings by and between CDCHC, our Executive Committee, and our developer partners, as well maintaining books, records and meeting minutes as directed
• Any other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Real Estate
• Experience in Real Estate, preferably 3+ years working with LIHTC investments
• Strong working knowledge of various regulatory programs including LIHTC, HOME, PRAC, and Section 8, as well as Fair Housing Laws
• Experience analyzing financial statements and monitoring budgets
• Excellent computer skills and thorough knowledge of MS Excel and Word required
• Strong commitment to and belief in the mission of affordable housing
• Possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to simultaneously manage various tasks and responsibilities
• Excellent reading, speaking and writing skills in English
Responsibilities involve travel and work beyond the regularly scheduled work day and work week, as well as the ability to travel to meetings and worksites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms; and to navigate job sites during and after construction.
Interested applicants please submit both a cover letter with salary requirements and resume by September 21th to cdchc@CharlotteDiocese.org (no phone calls, please).