Grounded in the belief that the solution to homelessness is housing, CASA owns and manages nearly 500 apartments for veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those in the workforce who struggle to access and afford housing. CASA tenants pay approximately 30% of their income in rent, giving them an opportunity to live successfully. In addition to managing apartments, CASA also develops multifamily housing through both new construction and preservation rehabs.
CASA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization governed by a 12-person Board of Directors, with a 26-member staff and an operating budget of $4.2 million. CASA is funded through rental income, philanthropic gifts, and local, state, and federal government grants.
The Donor Coordinator will serve as a valued member of the Resource Development &Communications team supporting a comprehensive community resource development plan toidentify, earn, retain, and motivate donors to support CASA’s housing mission. This is a new position and will report to the Senior Director, Resource Development.
Key Functions: Duties and approximate percentage of time for the Donor Coordinator position will include:
Donor Relations (60%)
Assume primary responsibility for maintaining CASA’s CRM database (Bloomerang) to ensure accurate, appropriate, and timely gift processing, acknowledgement, reporting and reconciliation, and relevant donor and donor prospect tracking
- Record all philanthropic gifts, in-kind and financial, according to policy manual.
- Generate timely acknowledgment letters and other recognitions.
- Assist with donor research and prospecting.
- Ensure accuracy of donations and monthly, quarterly and yearly reports and reminders for soft-credits, in-kind donations, corporate matching gifts, pledges, and planned gifts.
- Assist with drafting, proofreading, editing, and producing donor communication materials.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures and maintenance of database policy manual.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Provide general administrative support to the CEO and resource development department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Create and produce invitation lists and name tags, process ticket sales for fundraisers.
- Solicit auction item donations and manage acknowledgment and recognitions.
- Assist with large and small volunteer events and have flexibility to work extra hours for these events.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure high-quality, organized events.
Communications (Internal and External) (20%):
- Work closely with the Annual Fund and Communications Manager to support CASA’s comprehensive communications, marketing, and public relations plan, including integrating communications activities with fundraising objectives.
- Post to website and social media outlets according to plan.
- Serve as primary contact for printer and other vendors, as well as manage inventory of communications materials and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years practical experience in an office setting.
- A systematic thinker that relishes in details and processes.
- CRM database knowledge and experience required (Bloomerang, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce or similar).
- Excellent organization and communication skills, including written and interpersonal skills, phone presence and presentation ability.
- Knowledge of and experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to poverty, housing and homelessness.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting regular deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
The Donor Coordinator is a full-time, year-round position at CASA. A valid North Carolina Driver’s License and available transportation is a necessary requirement. This position is based at CASA’s Raleigh office.
No emails/phone calls please. To apply, visit www.casanc.org/about/jobs to upload cover letter and resume by February 28, 2019.