Community Affordable Housing Equity Corporation (CAHEC) is currently seeking candidates for an Acquisitions Manager. CAHEC is a non-profit tax-credit syndicator based in Raleigh, NC with the mission to provide communities affordable housing and opportunities for growth and revitalization by investing in qualified tax credit products throughout the southeast and mid-Atlantic region.
The Acquisitions Manager analyzes, evaluates, structures and formulates recommendations regarding investment in complex commercial real estate transactions. The position is responsible for the originations, underwriting, due diligence review, and closing of complex commercial real estate transactions. The position also leads and participates in the preparation and presentation of investment reports for review and approval.
Some specific functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and maintain relationships with developers specializing in tax credit eligible commercial real estate and related industry participants.
- Prepare offers and negotiate commitments to provide investment equity for tax credit eligible properties.
- Perform financial modeling and analysis to assess financial feasibility and economic return on investment opportunities.
- Prepare recommendations on improving financial feasibility and/or economic return on investment opportunities.
- Evaluate commercial real estate investment opportunities based on local market conditions, locational and environmental characteristics, and the experience and capacity of the development team.
- Actively manage investment closings by overseeing due diligence collection and review, investment report generation and approval, and the drafting and execution of closing agreements.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of industry trends, transaction structures, and federal and state tax credit programs for commercial real estate properties.
- Participate in formulation and recommendation of departmental goals, objectives, budgeting, policies, and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, business, city planning, or economics.
Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible work experience relevant to commercial real estate development, finance. or investment modeling. Or minimum one (1) year direct work experience and knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits and advanced relevant education and training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General knowledge of commercial real estate development, the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program, and associated governing regulations. Advanced Excel and Word skills. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyze and develop complex financial models. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with the ability to be diplomatic with all stakeholders. Ability to adapt between details-orientation and the larger business picture. Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
This position is based out of CAHEC’s corporate office in Raleigh, NC. Travel, typically by either commercial airline or automobile, is required for at least 10% of this position. Certain objectives require working on-site at various locations, such as properties in CAHEC’s investment portfolio, and some professional training opportunities may also require travel.
Compensation and Benefits: CAHEC is an equal-opportunity employer that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
For more information and how to apply: please visit www.cahec.com.