Community Affordable Housing Equity Corporation (CAHEC) is currently seeking candidates for an Acquisitions Analyst. CAHEC is a non-profit tax-credit syndicator based in Raleigh, NC with the mission to provide communities affordable housing and opportunities for growth and revitalization by investing in qualified tax credit products throughout the southeast and mid-Atlantic region.
The Acquisitions Analyst will analyze, evaluate, structure and formulate recommendations regarding investment in complex real estate investment transactions. This position provides professional and technical support to the Acquisitions Department by preparing financial models and reports generated from financial models. The position will also assist with the preparation and presentation of investment reports.
Some specific functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare pro formas and other financial models for real estate-based investments.
- Create spreadsheets, charts, and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Preform scenario modeling to identify the impact of specified variables.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations on financial feasibility and alternate structuring.
- Prepare reports comparing date from financial models against provided data sets.
- Develop and maintain expertise in federal and state tax credit programs
- Participate in the formulation and recommendation of departmental goals, objectives, budgeting, policies, and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in math, finance, business, accounting or economics preferred.
Minimum one-year work experience in finance or investment modeling. Experience with tax credit programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) is preferred.
Advanced Excel and Word skills. Excellent analytical skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to set priorities and meet critical deadlines. Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Compensation: Commensurate with education, experience, and job performance. The position is classified as an exempt position.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including company-matched 401(k) plan.
CAHEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information and how to apply: please visit www.cahec.com.