The Nautical Group is a retained executive search firm partnering with clients to identify and recruit outstanding individuals capable of serving key disciplines necessary at the executive, mid-level and individual contributor levels. We are currently working with Raleigh Rescue Mission in their search for a President/CEO. Raleigh Rescue Mission has been serving the community since 1961 and offers critical life-saving services like meals, medical care, emergency overnight shelters and clothing for its residents. In everything the mission does, the goal is to restore lives. Through recovery services, adult education, housing locator assistance, discipleship and more, lives are transformed profoundly.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President/CEO will carry out the directives of the board and have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Raleigh Rescue Mission’s staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the Mission continues to perform its role as God’s servant in its local community
- Assures that the Mission and its programs and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to the local community by participating in public relations events and activities
- Approves fundraising plans to support the Mission’s goals. Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Provides leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carries out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Develops a strong relationship with the Board of Directors. Attends all Board meetings and participates as an ex-officio member, providing the Board with information necessary to make competent decisions
- Responsible for all financial agreements and contracts, including the borrowing of money, renting of real estate, obtaining insurance and purchasing major capital assets as required to carry out the business of the Mission
- Works with the staff, Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing a budget; prudently manages the Mission’s resources within those budget guidelines.
- Maintains proper cash flow, reserves and operating funds to meet the needs of the Mission’s ongoing operations, facilities and staff.
- Effectively manages the human resources of the Mission as to the number of staff, job responsibilities and compensation.
- Ensures that all staff are properly trained, evaluated and motivated to fulfill their job responsibilities so they may effectively carry out the Mission’s goals
- Approves all changes to the Mission’s ministry programs
- Fosters a nurturing Christian environment by balancing grace and truth while relying on the Spirit and Word of God.
Job Skills & Requirements:
Raleigh Rescue Mission considers every position one of Christian ministry and every person a valued and vital part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of the Mission have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, ministry or related field or an equivalent number of years’ experience
- 8-10 years of increasingly responsible administrative experience, preferably in non profit ministry management, at least five of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Effective leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with financial software such as QuickBooks
- Proficiency in MSOffice
- Strong commitment to serving Christ through leadership
Click here for more information.