The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency (NCHFA) is a self-supporting public agency located in Raleigh, NC. The Agency’s mission is to create affordable housing opportunities for North Carolinians whose needs are not met by the market. Since its creation in 1973 by the North Carolina General Assembly, the Agency has financed nearly 255,000 affordable homes and apartments, totaling more than $19.2 billion. We are searching for a talented professional to join our Best Place to Work in the Triangle award-winning team. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and an excellent work environment in a city that is consistently ranked as a best place to live and work.
Director of Rental Investment
NCHFA is searching for a special candidate to help us with this very important work of rental investment. If you have extensive knowledge of developing, financing, and related compliance monitoring and asset management of low-to-moderate income rental housing you will help us lead this effort in North Carolina.
Main Objective: You will plan, direct, coordinate, and supervise production programs for low and moderate income rental housing; oversees the compliance monitoring and asset management of rental projects; participates in the design of rental housing programs. In this position, you will also coordinate the development of Agency policies for processing rental projects that are submitted to the Agency for federal tax credits, subordinate loans, or tax-exempt bond financing and conduct discussions with developers about those issues that affect the structuring of projects.
Education & Experience: A bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution with a major in architecture, engineering, real estate development, finance, urban planning, or a related field; and eight years of experience in real estate development, construction management or mortgage banking is required along with three years of supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of real estate development; multi-family loan underwriting techniques; project management procedures; practices of federal housing agencies, particularly as they relate to tax exempt bond and federal tax credit programs; construction and design theories; mortgage lending principles; construction contract law; and the application of automated information systems.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels
- Decisive, creative, strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail, good judgment, and political savvy.
- Experience in strategic and operational planning highly desired.
- Consensus building for collaborative projects; program evaluation.
- Ability to be an effective and strategic partner on the Agency’s senior management team.
North Carolina Housing Finance Agency is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Agency to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities in an environment free from harassment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disabling condition, or political affiliation.
For information and to apply: http://www.nchfa.org/JobApplication/Application/JobDetails/144