DEPARTMENT: Development & Communications
LOCATION: 2420 North Raleigh Boulevard, Raleigh, 27604
SUPERVISOR: Director, Annual Fund and Communications
Reporting to the Director, Annual Fund and Communications, the Gifts Officer will be a key contributor in ensuring that the Development and Communications Team achieves its goal. The Gifts Officer will work to increase individual donor support for unrestricted and restricted Habitat Wake programming. As a member of the Development and Communications team, the Gifts Officer will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts from new individual donors and nurture and encourage established individual donors to grow their support of Habitat Wake’s mission.
This is a Full-Time Exempt position requiring flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings and special events. The Gift Officer will likely spend on average at least five days per week, Monday – Friday (40-hour work week with eight-hour days).
● Help the development and communications team to exceed it yearly fundraising goal;
● Work with the Director of the Annual Fund to conceptualize, analyze, and monitor individual cultivation and solicitation strategies that may include face-to-face visits, direct mail, email and social media appeals, working with donors during and after events, and planned giving;
● Build the position to manage a portfolio of 150 existing and new individual donors. The Gift Officer will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new donors and cultivate existing individual donors and sponsors to increase support. Work with the Director of Annual Fund and Communications and the VP, Development & Communications to prepare individual moves management plans for the Gift Officer’s portfolio of donors.
● Communicate persuasively the case to invest in Habitat Wake’s mission through personal visits, written proposals, appeal letters and reports;
● Help refine and implement Habitat Wake’s program of donor acknowledgement, appreciation and recognition;
● Assist in securing individual sponsors for fundraising events — the Holiday Home Tour, Blueprint Breakfast. Meet donors at these events and steward donors after the events;
● Use development software, currently The Raiser’s Edge, to prepare and track moves management plans for donors;
● Work effectively with diverse constituencies within the organization and externally including donors, prospects, board members, advisory committee members, homeowner families, staff and volunteers;
● Represent Habitat Wake at workplace campaigns and other speaking engagements;
● Prepare information for financial progress reports and budgets for team presentations to the board,
annual fund committee and staff meetings;
● Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
● Five years of experience in increasing levels of responsibility in individual donor or major gifts fundraising;
● Experience in working on an annual campaign with aggressive goals highly recommended;
● Demonstrated fundraising success and high-level organizational skills to manage complex projects and deadlines;
● Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to develop trust and strong, collaborative working relationships;
● Experience nurturing and motivating donors to invest in nonprofit organizations;
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills, supported by the ability to use technology;
● Knowledge of donor database system, Raiser’s Edge or other donor database system;
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google suite, and email marketing platforms;
● Working knowledge of print, audio, and video production methods;
● Ability to adjust work pace to maximize production without loss of work quality;
● Adhere to a high standard of ethics and adhere to donor bill of rights;
● Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends;
● Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business or related field.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR IMAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.