Type: Part Time/Non Exempt
Department/Location: CCCS/Fayetteville Branch Office
Entry: $18.00 per hr
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling or related field and 2 to 4 years professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Conditions of Employment:
Background check with state and Federal law enforcement agency required. Selected applicant must submit to a pre-employment substance abuse screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs and alcohol as specified in agency policies. Must submit and receive negative results for random testing of same. Must be able to pass a post offer physical examination.
Action Pathways, Inc. is an “at-will” employer. Either the employee or Action Pathways, Inc. may terminate the employment arrangement at any time, with or without cause.
Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The job description or announcement is not an employment agreement or contract.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
Provides financial counseling to individuals in debt and provides housing advice and assistance.
- Confers with client to identify the financial goals and ascertain the available monthly income after living expenses to meet credit obligations.
- Establishes payment priorities to assist the client overcome their financial indebtedness.
- Counsel client on financial problems. Educate the client in sound financial principles. Assists clients to identify and modify ineffective money management behaviors.
- Assists the clients to develop and revise a personalized action plan to achieve their financial goals. Provides follow-up case management as the clients work through their financial challenges.
- Conducts group presentations on financial and housing related topics as directed.
- Promotes the agency at community functions and trade shows.
Applicant must be able to:
- Read, analyze and interpret business publications. Speak persuasively to groups of stakeholders. Listens to others and obtains clarification as needed. Writes informatively. Edits work.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, etc.
- Define problems, interpret data and establish facts. Exercise good judgment in evaluating.
- Understand and use computer software applications.
- Understand customs and relationships in the business and financial communities.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish is a plus
Consumer Credit Counseling Certification from NFCC; Housing Counseling certificate from NCAHC; Reverse Equity certificate and Predatory Lending certificate from NCHFA or ability to successfully complete certification exams within 12 months required. Employee must maintain all certifications.
How to Apply:
Applications may be obtained at Action Pathways, Inc., 316 Green Street, Fayetteville, NC or download an employment application at www.Action Pathways.ngo. Applications and resumes must be received by 4:00 pm on the application closing date listed in the announcement. Please direct all applications to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
Action Pathways, Inc. hires only United States citizens and lawfully authorized aliens who are in compliance with the
Immigration Reform and Control Act.